Filoti, the largest village on the island, 19 kilometres from Naxos Town and it is settled well up on the flank of Zas mountain and it is surrounded by olive groves. There are quite a few cafes and taverns, many of them been shaded by a massive (over 100 years old) plane tree.
Panagia Filotitissa (in Filoti) with the white marble icon screen is worth a visit. The Bank Notes Museum (Filoti main road) is a collection of Greek coins and banknotes (early 1800 – today).
Amenities include super-market, mini-markets, taverns, pizzas, cafes and a bank.